I truly do love it when the New Year rolls around – a chance to start anew, eh? But, when it comes to writing down those empty promises to myself, I just shrug my shoulders and move on. This year will be different though, and you can tag along. This is the year I’m stepping out of my “meh,” ways, and making a bit more effort with those pesky resolutions.
Ready? Set? Go!
- Run. Yup. Everyone has their “Get Fit!” resolution, so why not me? I love running but I haven’t been able to since baby Ninja won’t fit into the jogging stroller yet. But once he does, I’m off! Until then, I’ve been taking daily walks with both Ninjas, for about 30 minutes. It’s not much, but it’s nice to get a move on and still enjoy time with my Ninjas. And apparently, there’s no better place for a Ninja to work on his bad guy theme music than on a public street.
- Blog. What better way to help me stick to my resolutions than to blog about them for you?
- Patience. Because I know my Ninjas learn from me, and I want them to be patient with me when I’m old and senile.
- Me. My Ninjas keep me busy and take up all of my me-time except my shower. This year I hope to carve out 30 minutes each day for me. Not only will this give me pure joy, but I’m hoping it will teach my Ninjas that women need a minute or two to themselves for their sanity. Perhaps I’ll get to tweeze my eyebrows!
- Notice. So often the day begins and before I know it, it’s already over. While I relish the moment I will be able to jump back in bed at the day’s end and catch a few more Z’s, I also want to savor the little every-day moments of my Ninjas lives.
- Ten things. The moment Ninja #1 gives me a kiss, just because. Or my husband sends me an email from oh-so-far-away, just to say “Missing you.” These are things I never want to forget. Therefore, I’m taking on the greatest challenge known to me. Just before I turn off the light for the night, I plan to journal the 10 things I’m thankful for each day. I’ve never been able to keep up with a journal, just like I’ve never been able to keep up with my resolutions. Nevertheless, I am accepting the challenge. Bring it on 2014!
What are your resolutions? How do you plan to keep up with them?