Another guilty pleasure. These are some of my favorite posts. Yes, I’m nosy! I love taking a peek into others’ makeup bags. So, let’s get down to the nitty gritty and peek into mine!
I’m no makeup maven, but I have to make sure I have all the basics covered. With two Ninjas keeping me busy, it’s rare that I’ll whip out the everyday makeup bag. So, if I’m gonna take the time to put on my war paint, I’m gonna make sure it lasts all day. Ninjas leave no time for touch-ups!
- Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 (SP 70) – A little goes a long way with this stuff. I only use a tad – about the size of my pinky nail – and it covers everything. I have oily/combination skin and this foundation leaves a smooth, satiny finish that lasts all day. Wind, rain, sweat, tears, this stuff will not budge or transfer onto your clothes. Just what a Ninja mom needs. The SPF is a bonus that I love (it’s always nice to have a bit more protection from those damaging rays), and it won’t show in photos. With all the wonderful things I’ve said about this foundation, it’s hard to believe there’s more but, the best part is the very slight, yellow undertone it has. I’m Asian American, and have searched for years for the perfect foundation that won’t make me look ashen and grey. Shiseido, a Japanese company, has clearly taken the Asian woman’s skin tone into consideration with their foundation line, and I have finally met my match. Thank you, Shiseido!
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer (Radiant) – It’s a highlighter and concealer in one. This makes me look awake. Need I say more?
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (Transparent) – I use this to set my foundation and help with oil control. It’s translucent so it leaves no trace … like a Ninja.
- Bare Minerals Mineral Veil – This stuff makes your skin look perfect. It’s great for setting foundation and just looks better through the day. It’s also light, so you don’t get that caked-on feeling.
- Sleek Blush (Rose Gold) – This stuff is beautiful and leaves a nice glow. Again, it’s something that makes me look alive when living with Ninjas has taken its toll.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Tipsy) – I generally use this in the summer because it’s a coral shade (an odd one in the winter). And, you guessed it, this adds life to my face.
- Em Cosmetics Shade Play Bronzer & Highlighter Palette (highlights ii) – This is a new addition, but I love Michelle Phan, and couldn’t wait to try out some bits from her new makeup line. I got this – and a few other things – during Em’s Cyber Monday sale (BOGO). The highlighter is beautiful and creates a gentle glowing-from-within look. I only use the bronzer to contour if my face is looking a bit bloated. It works! I end up with the sculpted face of a goddess – score! The packaging is pretty schnazzy too. It’s quality stuff, folks.
- Em Cosmetics Shade Play Eyeshadow Palette (Seoul Sweets) – Yes, this was another purchase during Em’s Cyber Monday sale (Madagascar Taupes, is another great palette from this line). These eyeshadows are beautiful and glide on like silk. Their lasting power is also impressive, which is important with Ninjas. As for eyeliner, I like to run a dark shadow from a palette along my lash line, not pencil. Shadows are much more forgiving and look so much more natural. On a side note, if you’re not to comfortable with applying makeup, Em features video tutorials for all of their product lines. A little tutorial never hurt anyone – you might learn something new!
- Urban Decay Naked Basics – This palette is a necessity for anyone who wants that natural look, but needs to apply natural looking makeup to get it. I’m a neutral-shade lover and this is right up my alley. There’s no glitter in here folks – except for a hint in the shade Venus, which is for highlighting anyway. This is a matte palette that will fulfill all of your Naked needs.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick (Bad Girl Bronze) – This is great if you don’t have a lot of time to bother with eyeshadows. Swipe it on, blend it out. Done. I would recommend applying a setting powder to your eyes before applying this though, so it lasts longer.
- Maybelline Volum’ Express Falsies Flared Waterproof Mascara (Very Black) – I have been blessed with long lashes (Ninja #1 seems to have inherited some from me), and I love the length mascara can give them. This adds a nice flare on the ends for a bit of fun. I use waterproof formulas because I can’t be bothered to check up on my eyelashes throughout the day – no time! I’m tempted to try The Rocket soon.
- Eyelash Curler (Shiseido) – This is self-explanatory. If you want to look awake, you need to curl those lashes. If you don’t have a good eyelash curler, your curl won’t hold. This is the one that works for me.
- L’oreal Colour Riche Balm (Rose Elixer) – I tend to keep it pretty neutral for everyday (but I do like a good red lip for special occasions). This stuff has SPF in it, which is fantastic, and it moisturizes for a long time. Winner!
- Revlon Lip Butter (Sorbet) – Again, it’s a natural looking shade and keeps my lips moist for a good length of time.
That’s all folks! What’s in your makeup bag that gets you through your everyday? Any secrets you can share with me?